Streetcar will run till 11 p.m.
Sun Tran media release
Transit service will be as follows on Thursday, July 4th, for Independence Day:
– Sun Tran Routes one through 99 will run on a Sunday schedule.
– Sun Link streetcar will run on a Sunday schedule, but service will be extended until 11:00 p.m.
– Sun Express Routes 101X and 204X will not be in operation.
– Sun Shuttle fixed-route service and the Sahuarita/Green Valley Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride will not be in operation.
– Sun Shuttle ADA Dial-a-Ride service provided by Discount Cab and Oro Valley Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride will offer service from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for Americans with Disabilities Act-qualified passengers only.
– Sun Van service will mirror the service provided by Sun Tran. Sun Van’s Reservation Center will be open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Independence Day.
– The Customer Service Center will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to assist passengers and will resume regular weekday hours of 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, July 5th.
– The Special Services Office, located at 35 W. Alameda, will be closed July 4 and will resume regular weekday hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, July 5th.
– Sun Tran’s Administrative Office, located at 3920 N. Sun Tran Blvd., will be closed July 4 and will resume regular weekday hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, July 5th.
For trip planning assistance or more information, visit suntran.com or call the Customer Satisfaction Center at (520) 792-9222 (TDD: 520-628-1565).
Sun Link Streetcar media release
Sun Link will extend its hours of operation until 11:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 4th, following the conclusion of the “A” Mountain fireworks Sun Link is providing service every 15 minutes between 6:00-11:00 p.m.
The fireworks are scheduled to begin at approximately 9:15 p.m. and can be viewed for free from the Tucson Convention Center (TCC) and Mercado District.
To watch the fireworks, the public can take the streetcar to the following Sun Link stations:
– Broadway Boulevard/Granada Avenue: access to TCC Parking LotC
– Granada Avenue/Cushing Street: access to TCC Parking Lot B
– Cushing Street/Convento: access to Mercado District
– Avenida del Convento/Congress Street: access to Mercado District
Free street parking is available along the route at 4th Avenue, Main Gate Square, and Downtown with easy access to Sun Link stops. Parking is also free on July 4th at the following University of Arizona garages:
– Tyndall Garage: 4th Street &Tyndall, just south of University
– Main Gate Square Garage: 2nd Street & Euclid, just north of Marriott University Park Hotel
– Highland Garage: Helen & Vine St. 1 block east of Helen & Mountain
Following the fireworks, passengers can return to their starting location by boarding the Sun Link streetcar. Sun Link will provide service until 11:00 p.m. to ensure everyone is able to return to their vehicles.
How to purchase a transit fare
Passengers can purchase SunGO Tickets at any one of the Sun Link streetcar stops, a transit center ticket vending machine, any SunGO Sales Outlet, or on the GoTucson Transit app. A SunGO ticket or pass is required to ride on Sun Link.
Fares on Sun Link
Full Fare Economy Fare*
2-Hour Fare with GoTucson Transit app $2.00 $0.80
2-Hour Fare with SunGO Card $1.60 $0.75
1-Day Ticket – Sun Link Stops $4.50
1-Day Pass on SunGO Card $4.00
3-Day Pass on SunGO Card $10.00
* Economy Fare requires SunGO ID & Card
Note: Cash not accepted on the Sun Link streetcar, SunGO ticket or pass required
Passengers are encouraged to plan ahead and purchase their fare prior to the event. Children five years of age and younger can ride free with a paying passenger.
For Sun Link route and schedule information, visit sunlinkstreecar.com. For trip planning assistance or more information, call the Customer Satisfaction Center at (520) 792-9222 (TDD: 520-628-1565).